Imagine waking up in the comfort of a hotel room with the serenity of a campsite. Our glamping tents face the breathtaking Mokelumne Peak, with views across the North Fork Mokelumne River canyon and the Mokelumne Wilderness. Each glamping unit is equipped with a comfy Queen bed (bedding included), heating, and electricity — all powered by sustainable solar energy.
Make plans to join us in our special part of the amazing California Sierra!
*Note: Wedding ceremonies occur every Saturday at various times, lasting anywhere between thirty minutes to two hours.
Please be respectful during the ceremony. You can be inside your tent but please avoid driving in and out of the glamping area during this time. Guest are welcome to park in the main parking lot during ceremonies if access to the tent is needed.
Where do I check in?
Check-in time: 4:00 pm
Check-out time: 11:00 am
⛺About the TENTS
Amenities inside the tents:
- A queen bed with bedding
- Nights can get chilly in the mountains; bringing extra bedding is always recommended.
- Towels, personal shampoo & soap
- Electrical outlets — powered by wind turbines and solar panels
- A wood-burning stove (we provide the wood!)
- Personal sundeck with two lounge chairs
- Shared bathrooms and showers
- A community Sundeck looking out to the beautiful Mokelumne Peak vista.
Bringing friends or family?
Put the camping in glamping! The tents have room for two extra cots. Bring your own or rent one from us.
We recommend bringing extra bedding, i.e. sleeping bags.
Can I rent a cot?
Limited rental cots are available for an additional $20/stay. Please call or email the Front Desk
if you would like to reserve a cot.
*Cots are dependent on availability and are not guaranteed.
Can I rent extra bedding?
Limited bedding (sheets and blankets) are available for an additional $10/stay. Please call or email the Front Desk if you would like to reserve extra bedding.
*Bedding is dependent on availability and is not guaranteed.
What should I expect when Glamping?
At the end of June, we hosted Brittany Henderson a travel blogger/ content creator who runs Britts Bella Vita Travel Blog. While she Glamped, she created a great travel guide that we encourage you to check out before Glamping with us!
Brittany shares her opinion on what to do, what to bring and where to eat! Many of your frequently asked questions are answered in the guide linked below. If you do have any additional questions please don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Book over the phone: (209) 753 -2327 ext. 100#
Glamping allows you to experience nature in a truly unique way. Enjoy all the pleasures of camping with all the comforts of a hotel room. Our glamping tents are equipped with a cozy bed, electricity, heat, and an amazing view.
Check in is at the Front Desk located in the Bear Valley Lodge. Check in is not at the Bear Valley Mountain.
The address to the Bear Valley Lodge is
265 Bear Valley Rd.
Bear Valley, CA 95223
At the Glamping site: We are happy to provide Towels, Shampoo, Soap, WiFi, Wind and Solar Electricity, a Cozy Wood Stove and wood is provided.
As a Glamping guest, you get access to the same amenities as guests staying at The Bear Valley Lodge. This includes access to the heated pool, which we expect to open on the July 4th weekend. In addition, the fitness center "Alpen Glow Spa & Fitness" is a private gym that can be used by guests between the hours of 9:00 - 10:00 AM or 9:00 - 10:00 PM. Inquire at the front desk for details upon your arrival. Unfortunately, guests are no longer allowed to use Bear Lake. However, there are four other public lakes located nearby. Lake Alpine, Union, Utica and Spicer are all local and free for daytime use.
Yes! Our glamping sites are located a convenient 240 feet away from indoor showers and an indoor bathroom, of which you have access 24 hours. Towels and complimentary toiletries are provided with your stay.
Our glamping tents are equipped with 1 queen size bed and can fit 2 additional cots. Please feel free to bring your own for no additional cost.
Rental cots are available for $20 extra.
Cots are dependent on availability and are not guaranteed. Please call or email the Front Desk if you would like to reserve a cot(s).
Our Queen sized beds come with sheets, blankets, and pillows.
BUT... the mountains frequently have chilly nights, even during the summer months, getting down to as low as 35o. We recommend bringing extra blankets, i.e. sleeping bags.
Unfortunately, no. Outside fire sources, including personal grills and barbecues, sparklers, fireworks, and fire pits are strictly prohibited.
No. To keep from getting any unexpected wildlife visitors, please do not bring food back to your tent, or store food inside your tent.
Where should I store my food?
- There is a dedicated 'food storage' area in the Guest Lounge Area building. Please ask your Glamp Host for more information.
- You can leave your food in a sealed container in your car. Make sure this is smell resistant.
Glamping Lodging Policies
There is a two-night minimum stay for Friday and Saturday.
A credit card is required to make your reservation. The first night’s lodging is charged to your credit card at the time your reservation is made. Once the deposit is received, a confirmation letter is sent confirming your reservation. It is incumbent upon the guest to make any changes or cancellations within the appropriate time frame. You will be charged for your entire stay. No refunds for early checkouts.
The cancellation period is 7 days for all Glamping reservations. If you cancel prior to the cancellation period, we will refund your deposit, less a $15.00 cancellation fee. If the reservation is canceled within the cancellation period, your deposit is non-refundable. Any cancellations made after 4:00 pm will be considered in the cancellation period. Cancellations due to forces of nature and/or road closures are not refundable.
Please contact us directly to reserve a pet-friendly room as only certain tents are designated dog-friendly. 209-753-2327 X 100 or email us!
Bear Valley Lodge Four Legged Rules
We look forward to providing a memorable stay for you and your pet, however, to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of our guests, we ask that you observe a few policies during your visit. Please read the following to familiarize yourself with our pet policy:
- Dogs are the only permitted pets
- We welcome all well-mannered and fully trained dogs
- Our pet-friendly rooms are limited and assigned as available at the time of reservation
- Weight restrictions apply to our pet policy up to 2 dogs if each weighs less than 50lbs, dogs larger than 50lbs - one per room
- Additional fees may apply if your dog causes any damage or disturbances for other guests with extensive barking. We'd hate to ask you to leave the glamping experience, so be sure your dog is well-suited for the environment
- Dogs cannot be left alone in the room/tent
- Owners MUST bring dog bedding – no pets on beds or furniture
- Due to extra cleaning required after the departure of our 4-legged guests, there is a non-refundable cleaning fee of $25 per night to your guest room account. (For pets that have extensive shedding, an extra $25 may be incurred. Our housekeeping team will review after departure and we will let you know.) We love dogs, we really do, but want to make sure we can create a special experience for every guest that arrives.
- For the safety and comfort of your pet and hotel staff, including housekeeping, staff will enter your room only if: (a) your pet is not present, or (b) you are present and can monitor your pet, or (c) your pet is in a kennel
- Unfortunately, we do not allow dogs to join at the fire pit; they can spook, bark, or become a disturbance
- Dogs must always be on a leash, as per National Forest rules
- No dogs in the restaurant or deck, as per California law
The $20 per room/tent nightly resort amenity fee includes year-round benefits and seasonal services previously charged for and provides benefits to each registered guest in your room.
Resort Amenity Fee Includes:
Free wifi in the common areas & your room
Free morning coffee
Access to our fitness room
Board games [Ask the front desk!]
Electric car charging station
Plowed roads for all-weather access
Summer Season: (subject to weather):
Outdoor pool games and activities