Imagine waking up on a mountaintop at 7,750 ft
Glamping opens June 30th.
Last available night September 28th. Closing date is Weather Permitting.
Imagine waking up in the comfort of a hotel room with the serenity of a campsite. Our glamping tents face the breathtaking canyon of the vast Mokelumne wilderness and Mokelumne Peak. Each glamping unit is equipped with a comfy Queen bed (bedding included), heating, and electricity – all powered by sustainable solar energy.
Make plans to join us in our special part of the amazing California Sierra!
FRIDAY – SATURDAY
Includes a $40 Dinner Voucher
2-night minimum stay required
SUNDAY – THURSDAY
No dinner voucher included
1-night stay available
Where do I check in?
⛺About the TENTS
15 tents available
Amenities inside the tents:
- A queen bed with bedding
- Nights can get chilly in the mountains, extra bedding is always recommended.
- Includes towels, personal shampoo & soap
- Electrical outlets – powdered by wind turbines and solar panels
- A wood-burning stove [we provide the wood!]
- Personal sundeck with two lounge chairs
- Shared bathrooms and showers
- A community Sundeck looking out to the beautiful Mokelumne vista view.
Bringing friends or family?
Put the camping in glamping, bring your own cot or air mattress! The tents have room for one to two extra twin beds.
We recommend bringing extra bedding, i.e. sleeping bags.
Can I rent a cot?
Limited rental cots are available for an additional $10/stay. Please call or email the Front Desk if you would like to reserve a cot(s)
*Cots are dependent on avaiablity and are not guarenteed.
Can I rent extra bedding?
Limited bedding (sheets and blankets) are available for an additional $10/stay. Please call or email the Front Desk if you would like to reserve extra bedding.
*Bedding is dependent on availability and is not guaranteed.
Glamping allows you to experience nature in a truly unique way. Enjoy all the pleasures of camping with all the comforts of a hotel room. Our glamping tents are equipped with a cozy bed, electricity, heat, and an amazing view.
Check in is at the Front Desk located in the Bear Valley Lodge. Check in is not at the Bear Valley Mountain.
The address to the Bear Valley Lodge is
265 Bear Valley Rd.
Bear Valley, CA 95223
We are happy to provide Towels, Shampoo, Soap, WiFi, Wind and Solar Electricity, a Cozy Wood Stove, and Wood is provided.
In addition, weekend stays (Friday & Saturday night stays) comes with a meal credit for dinner.
Yes! Our glamping sites are located a convenient 240 feet away from indoor showers and an indoor bathroom, of which you have access 24 hours. Towels and complimentary toiletries are provided with your stay.
Our glamping tents are equipped with 1 queen size bed and can fit 2 additional twin sized air mattresses or cots.
Please feel free to bring your own air mattress or cot for no additional cots.
Rental cots are available for $10 extra.
Cots are dependent on availability and are not guaranteed. Please call or email the Front Desk if you would like to reserve a cot(s).
Our Queen sized beds come with sheets, blankets, and pillows.
BUT... the mountains frequently have chilly nights, even during the summer months, getting down to as low as 35o. We recommend bringing extra blankets, i.e. sleeping bags.
Unfortunately, no. Outside fire sources, including personal grills and barbecues, sparklers, fireworks, and fire pits are strictly prohibited.
No. To keep from getting any unexpected wildlife visitors, please do not bring food back to your tent, or store food inside your tent.
Where should I store my food?
- There is a dedicated 'food storage' area in the Guest Services building. Please ask your representative for more information.
- You can leave your food in a sealed container in your car. Make sure this is smell resistant.
Glamping Lodging Policies
There is a two-night minimum stay for Friday and Saturday.
A credit card is required to make your reservation. The first night’s lodging is charged to your credit card at the time your reservation is made. Once the deposit is received, a confirmation letter is sent confirming your reservation. It is incumbent upon the guest to make any changes or cancellations within the appropriate time frame. You will be charged for your entire stay. No refunds for early checkouts.
The cancellation period is 7 days for reservations booked for non-holiday. For Holiday rates, the cancellation period is 14 days. If you cancel prior to the cancellation period, we will refund your deposit, less a $15.00 cancellation fee. If the reservation is canceled within the cancellation period, your deposit is non-refundable. Any cancellations made after 4:00 pm will be considered in the cancellation period. Cancellations due to forces of nature and/or road closures are not refundable.
Please contact us directly to reserve a pet-friendly room as only certain tents are designated dog-friendly. 209-753-2327 or email us!
Bear Valley Lodge Four Legged Rules
We look forward to providing a memorable stay for you and your pet, however, to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of our guests, we ask that you observe a few policies during your visit. Please read the following to familiarize yourself with our pet policy:
- Dogs are the only permitted pets
- We welcome all well-mannered and fully trained dogs
- Our pet-friendly rooms are limited and assigned as available at the time of reservation
- Weight restrictions apply to our pet policy up to 2 dogs if each weighs less than 50lbs, dogs larger than 50lbs - one per room
- Additional fees may apply if your dog causes any damage or disturbances for other guests with extensive barking. We'd hate to ask you to leave the glamping experience, so be sure your dog is well-suited for the environment
- Dogs cannot be left alone in the room
- Owners MUST bring dog bedding – no pets on beds or furniture
- Due to extra cleaning required after the departure of our 4-legged guests, there is a non-refundable cleaning fee of $25 per night to your guest room account. (For pets that have extensive shedding, an extra $25 may be incurred. Our housekeeping team will review after departure and we will let you know.) We love dogs, we really do, but want to make sure we can create a special experience for every guest that arrives.
- For the safety and comfort of your pet and hotel staff, including housekeeping, staff will enter your room only if: (a) your pet is not present, or (b) you are present and can monitor your pet, or (c) your pet is in a kennel
- Unfortunately, we do not allow dogs to join at the fire pit; they can spook, bark, or become a disturbance
- Dogs must always be on a leash, as per National Forest rules
- No dogs in the restaurant or deck, as per California law