Powmageddon 4.0 – What to Expect Tomorrow 2/27/23
All preparations are underway to open tomorrow, 2/27/23.
8-12″ tonight with winds reaching 40mph.
Delays: Expect delays AND possible extended holds on Koala & Grizzly tomorrow due to the severity of high snow totals and high winds.
Shuttle: 1 shuttle bus will be running tomorrow. Head to our “Shuttle Service” page for the schedule.
Power Outages: If power outages occur – Cub, Super Cub, and both carpets cannot run on auxiliary power so if we lose power, we will close them. Mokelumne Express, Koala, and Polar Express can all run on auxiliary power.
Road Conditions: CalTrans is the best resource for up to date road conditions – check CalTrans before driving up!
It’s DEEP powder out there! – ski/ride with caution and always ride with a buddy!!
ALWAYS adhere to closures.
Do not park on snowbanks, snow clearance will be happening. Adhere to parking signs.
Tonight (2/26) -8-12″ tonight with winds reaching 40mph.
Monday (2/27) during the day – 17-23″
Monday night (2/27) 13-19″ Winds will also crank up into the 60mph range and continuing into Wednesday morning albeit lessening a bit.
Tuesday (2/28) during the day 15-21″
Tuesday night (2/28) 15-21″
Stay Informed: Mattly’s Weather Report on Facebook & Bearvalley.com, our social channels, our website.
As our entire team prepares itself for the intensity of this next storm cycle, we want to take the time to thank every department on our Mountain for their tireless work this season.
THANK YOU to our Mountain Maintenance Teams, Terrain Park Crew, Ski Patrol, Lift Ops, Parking Lot crew, Snow Sports, Guest Services, Retail, Rentals, BV Admin, BV Lodge & every F&B department!!!
As always, our Mountain Operations team will be out during these times mitigating the Avalanche Control work, grooming and digging out the resort.