2021/22 COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
We are excited to welcome you back to the mountain for another great season! A lot has changed since last season, but our commitment to providing the ultimate guest experience and Pure Mountain Fun remains the same. Guests can escape to the beautiful surroundings of Bear Valley, experience an adventure-filled day on the slopes, enjoy delicious food and beverage options and rest and relax in cozy accommodations, all while knowing that their health and safety are our top priority.
Due to the nature of the pandemic, policies and procedures are subject to change. We will continue to follow the guidelines and recommendations set forth by Federal, State and County health officials. Please note that we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone not complying with our company ethos and COVID-19 safety protocols.
The 2021/22 season will look a little different than what we are used to, but we are confident that we will be able to deliver a safe and enjoyable winter experience for all. Bear Valley is the perfect location to safely enjoy the outdoors, just as Mother Nature intended.
Our team has been working hard to implement new protocols in order to ensure the health and safety of our guests, team members and community. Here are a few of the changes you can expect.
- As per new State Guidelines, as of 12/15/21, face masks are now required in all indoor settings except while actively eating or drinking.
- At this time, masks are NOT required in any of our outside areas, including chairlift lines, riding the chairlift or while on the slopes.
- There are currently no state guidelines regarding the limit of people inside our facilities. However, keep in mind individual departments may limit capacity in certain areas of the building.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization practices are in place resort wide.
- Frequent disinfecting of high touch point areas.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the resort.
- At this time, we will not require guests to show vaccination status upon entering our facility. All employees are either vaccinated or have agreed to submit a weekly negative covid test.
Please see below for additional information on COVID-19 Policies & Procedures.
COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
- Face coverings will be required in the ticket office at all times, and team members will have plexiglass barriers between guests.
- We still encourage physical distancing in this space, and our team members will limit capacity as this office is small.
- Touch-free payment methods will be used whenever possible and heavily encouraged.
- We still encourage physical distancing in this space, and our team members will limit capacity to 15 guests or less.
- Team members will take extra precautions when interacting with guests and will be equipped with the appropriate PPE if close contact is required.
- Team members will no longer provide physical assistance to guests for boot fitting. If assistance is absolutely necessary, team members will wear the appropriate PPE in accordance with local county guidelines and will follow proper cleaning and hygiene protocol.
- All equipment rented will be cleaned and sanitized upon return.
- Food options will be available in the main cafeteria this season, along with our outdoor BBQs.
- Seating will return to 100% capacity in the cafeteria, Sun Room, Sky High Pizza and Creekside Bistro.
- Monte Wolfe Saloon will re-open this season at 100% capacity.
- All kitchen staff will be gloved and masked during food preparation.
- Extra care will be taken in regards to sanitizing high touch point areas such as fridge door handles, cooler door handles, tabletops and kitchen utensils.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitization of tables, benches, countertops, doors, POS terminals, bathrooms, etc. will take place.
- Touch-free payment is strongly encouraged.
- Face coverings are not required in chairlift lines or while riding the chairlift.
- Lift Operators are required to wear a face covering and gloves at all times.
- All chairlift capacity will return to 100% this season.
- All ski and snowboard lessons will operate in accordance with state and local health and safety operating procedures.
- All parents must wear a face covering while dropping off or picking up a child who is participating in lessons.
- Face coverings and gloves are mandatory for students and instructors at all times.
- The bathrooms in the Snow Sports area will be cleaned frequently.
- Physical distancing of 3 feet will be maintained in our lessons.