Bear Valley Ski and Snowboard Teams are fun, educational, affordable, and designed for strong beginner through advanced skiers and snowboarders. Both aspiring and accomplished athletes of all ages can participate in teams that are guaranteed to improve their skills. Along the way team members join a community of motivated families, skiers and snowboarders who enjoy the thrills of sliding down snowy slopes.
Bear Valley Ski and Snowboard Teams are divided into 3 categories:
- All Mountain Teams focus on athlete skill development while exploring the slopes in a team environment “All Mountain” is often the best starting point for new team members.
- Race Teams expand on skills to improve proficiency on both the mountain and in the race course. Both development and competitive teams offered.
- Freestyle Team broadens skills to include maneuvers on terrain park features such as boxes, rails and jumps.
Please make sure that you have joined Bear Valley Snowsports Education Foundation at www.bvsef.org. Membership at BVSEF will ensure you receive important team information as well as have access to a variety of snow sports resources.
2014/2015 Team Highlights
- “Super Early-Bird” registration discounts starting in April.
- Fall Performance Training Camp (Dates TBA)
- NASTAR Season Pass for all Team members ($69 youth/$119 adult value)
- First Team Training weekend December 13-14
Bear Valley Team Program Approach
The goal of Bear Valley Teams is to train each athlete to successfully navigate all snow conditions and terrain in a safe, confident manner. Team composition is determined by discipline (All-Mountain, Race, Freestyle) and ski or snowboard ability. While efforts will be made to include siblings and/or friends on the same team, their abilities must be similar.
Bear Valley Teams are based in part on the USSA Training Systems and Skills Quest Program which provide guidelines to achieve an integrated system for athlete development. Although the USSA Training Systems’ ultimate goal is to develop skiers and riders for world class competition, the fundamental skills embodied in this system comprise the critical foundation for expert skiing and riding whether it is for competition or pleasure.
|Youth All-Mountain Ski/Board (6-17)||$599||$724||$774|
|Adult All-Mountain Ski (Ages 18+)||$299||$424||$474|
|Race Development (8-13)||$599||$724||$774|
|Central Series Race (U8-14)||$749||$874||$924|
|Far West Race (U16-U18)||$1099||$1224||$1274|
How to Register (2 Steps)
- Download the Team Application PDF (4 pages) then:
- Either fill out PDF on your computer and submit back to Bear Valley by clicking the “Click here to email Team Application …” button at the bottom of page two.
- Or print the Team Application and either mail or fax back to Bear Valley.
- (mailing address) Bear Valley Mountain, PO Box 5038, Bear Valley CA 95223, Atten: “Ski/Board Teams”
- (fax number) (209) 753-6421
- Payment can be made using either:
- Online registration (new).
- Send a check with copy of Team Application (see address above)
- Pay cash at the Bear Valley Main Office.